Finalists are initially selected by a public vote, electronically and by post. Businesses may be nominated multiple times, this adds to the nominee’s chance of selection.
Once nominations and votes are tallied, a list of Finalists will be passed to an independent Judging panel who will judge based on a submission received by nominees plus a ‘mystery’ shopper style contact with the nominee.
What are the criteria for the submission by the nominee?
Having a successful business requires many aspects that clients never see, your submission will cover areas such as..
- Your Vision for your business and its growth
- How you bring your business to the marketplace and strategies for marketing
- How you maintain staff levels and staff satisfaction
- Do you work within the community?
- Is your business sustainable for future growth?
What the Judges would like to see
The final qualifying criteria involves the independent judging panel to contact your business as a potential ‘client’, they may visit your premises, they may call you or contact you via your website or Social Media pages and they will be looking for the following...
- How do you or your staff interact with clients
- Are your premises easy to find, well presented and relevant for your product or service?
- Are you easy to contact and trade with if you don’t have a ‘bricks and mortar’ shopfront?
- For Home Based Businesses, how do you have contact with your clients?
- Do you have a strong knowledge of your product or service?
- What after sales service do you provide?
- Do you ethically source your products?